CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fibers class - Books

The first one is a miniature book -- my first attempt at doing a sewn binding AND a pop-up element. Kinda lame, but fun. I also got it dirty. Eep. Nothing inside yet (maybe not ever)


This one (below) is an accordion fold book- one of the rare instances where I accurately measured everything. It is going to be about the changing of the seasons, I hope to illustrate some snow covered foliage and such within it's pages. The cool thing about these books is that they fold out, almost like a scroll or a mural. Dual functionality -- part book, part installation illustration! I especially liked the paper I used. Cereal boxes covered in printed blue paper, with a medium weight cotton paper on the inside. :)



0 comments: